Author Topic: Vertical rail or hinge  (Read 1047 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Jmcanally

  • Posts: 2
Vertical rail or hinge
« on: January 06, 2020, 08:48 AM »
Does anyone know what this type of hinge/rail is called? (see attached)

Festool USA does not pre-approve the contents of this website nor endorse the application or use of any Festool product in any way other than in the manner described in the Festool Instruction Manual. To reduce the risk of serious injury and/or damage to your Festool product, always read, understand and follow all warnings and instructions in your Festool product's Instruction Manual. Although Festool strives for accuracy in the website material, the website may contain inaccuracies. Festool makes no representations about the accuracy, reliability, completeness or timeliness of the material on this website or about the results to be obtained from using the website. Festool and its affiliates cannot be responsible for improper postings or your reliance on the website's material. Your use of any material contained on this website is entirely at your own risk. The content contained on this site is provided for informational purposes only and does not constitute professional advice.

Offline Bob D.

  • Posts: 2202
Re: Vertical rail or hinge
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2020, 02:09 PM »
Looks like a casement hinge but turned 90 deg. to make a drop down work surface.
It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?

Offline Jmcanally

  • Posts: 2
Re: Vertical rail or hinge
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2020, 04:04 PM »
Ah thank you, that's what I needed!

Offline Jiggy Joiner

  • Posts: 1111
Re: Vertical rail or hinge
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2020, 04:17 PM »
Looks like what’s termed in the UK, as a Friction Stay Hinge.